Mission: Sell House Fast for Cash
You need to move (literally and figuratively) and you need to move quickly. When you work with a company that specialises in the sell house fast cash market, you can achieve your goals – on your timeline. Typically, sales complete in as little as 21 - 28 days, far faster than the average four to six months it takes on the market. You’ll get your fast sale… but that also means you have some work to do.
Let’s review a basic timeline for a cash sale via a registered property buyer and what you can do to get ready for your next steps.
For Sale to Sold In Days
You determine that working with a UK cash home buyer is the right decision for you. Great. Now what happens?
- You fill out a simple form on the company’s website.
- Within 24 hours, you receive an “offer in principle,” which is an initial offer.
- You review the offer and decide if you would like to continue with the process.
- If so, the quick house sale company instructs valuation professionals to visit the property (at no cost to you).
- Pending the results of these valuations reports, the company will make a formal offer.
- Again, review this offer carefully.
- If you decide to continue, the cash buyer will instruct a RICS Homebuyer Report and solicitor (again, at no cost to you).
- Decide if you would like to engage your own solicitor. If so, that is perfectly within your rights.
- Upon receipt of the RICS Homebuyer Report and Report on Title, you and the cash house buyer will move towards completion.
- On completion day, you will hand over your keys – and receive money directly into your bank account!
All of this happens on a highly accelerated timeline. Remember, you should be free to decline any offer and part ways with the buyer at any time. You should not be obligated to continue if you are not comfortable.
That said, this all happens… Fast! This is what you want, of course, but there is a great deal to do in the meantime!
What To Do In a Sell House Fast for Cash Situation
An initial offer comes in within a day. A formal offer follows not soon after. There is no doubt that a quick sale company can streamline the process. What do you do while you’re waiting for valuations and other legal steps to complete?
- Secure New Housing. Whether you are moving into a rental unit, care home, in with a partner or family member or purchasing a new home, make sure you draw a line under the steps in your plan. As soon as the fast house sale is complete, you will have the funds with which to make a deposit or a down payment.
- Clear Out. While cash buyers purchase homes as-is, there is certainly no harm in doing a final clear out of items you no longer want or that make no sense to make the move with you to your new location. You can toss or donate a great many items that do not have sentimental or monetary value.
- Pack Up. Stockpile some boxes and get to work. Pack up all but the essentials so you are ready to move when your sale is completed.
- Store Wanted Items, Furnishings Etc. If you have larger items, including furnishings and appliances, that you will be taking with you, it may make sense to store them at the home/garage of a friend or family member or let a storage unit for a brief period. Alternatively, you can list such items for sale if you truly do not need or want them any longer.
- Hire a Removals Company. Make sure you line up a removals van/truck so you can take the items and possessions you do want to your new location.
When you need to sell house fast for cash, it makes sense that the rest of your timeline will be accelerated also. Make sure you are taking the steps necessary to allow you to relocate or move on in a matter of a few weeks, not several months (or longer).
Ready to move on to the next phase of your life? Work with a fast cash home buyer – and get packing!